The positions we conduct background checks mainly cover the following aspects:
1, key positions, such as some technical backbones, sales personnel, financial personnel to understand their bottom line, in case of technology leakage, or pull away customers and other things is not appropriate.
2. Middle and senior managers of the company. The higher the position, the greater the responsibility. Once the appointment is not correct, the company will suffer great loss.
3, in the process of the interview feel that there are questions about the position, such as working time fault, improper learning experience and so on to investigate.
1. Information acquisition stage
Obtain information from the candidate, including id card, academic certificate, work history, etc. The most important thing here is to get contact information for previous employers. If some candidates are secretive when submitting information, the truthfulness of their resumes may be in doubt. Therefore, special information collection procedures and templates should be designed to collect candidates' information comprehensively to ensure the implementation of background investigation.
2. Background investigation implementation stage
Check the authenticity of id cards, academic certificates and professional qualifications from relevant institutions, which is the most critical factor for the integrity of the candidate. Some enterprises are in the habit of recruiting fresh graduates from a few schools. HR should establish a good relationship with the school's school roll management office to facilitate the later background investigation operation.
In this part, it should be noted that each work resume should not only be known to one respondent, but more samples should be taken. If you have the energy, you can consult the specific work performance of the candidate, such as team integration, ability to work under pressure, responsibility and so on. Especially for core positions, at least 3 sample points should be taken for comprehensive investigation to ensure the objectivity and authenticity of information.
3. Report submission stage
The background investigation report should record all the information learned during the investigation, especially the work performance should be truthfully reported to the business department. Every enterprise has its own standard bottom line for the appointment and credibility of employees, and HR departments should focus on these bottom lines and standards. Once such "stains" are found in the background check, they can exercise veto power immediately when hiring employees. In order to make the background investigation before employment more objective and fair, HR can also choose to use a third party to carry out the investigation, because the third party is more neutral and objective.
Detailed rules for the implementation
First, the work should be done before the investigation
1. Prepare structured telephone background check questions
2, choose the consulting object and ask the focus
3. If the candidate's current manager is asked, the candidate's consent must be sought
4. Explain to candidates during the interview that the satisfaction of the background check will directly influence the hiring decision
2. Investigation and consultation sources
References/referees filled in by the applicant in the Registration Form
2. Related personnel learned from other channels, such as human resources department of the original unit, former superior supervisor or colleagues, etc
3. Try to avoid asking candidates about their current employer
Iii. Contents of investigation and consultation
1. Service time and position in each institution
2. Actual work content and responsibilities, and performance evaluation
3. Salary and benefits of the current position
4, work ability, attitude and personality characteristics, etc
5. What are his strengths and weaknesses? What are his strengths and weaknesses?
Why did he leave the company?
The contents of the phone call are confidential
2. Tell the person what questions you might have, and ask if this is a good time to talk
3. Contents of investigation and consultation
4. Ask for referrals
We will do our best to cooperate with you if you have the same demand. Goodbye.
1. Ask questions about the job
2, pay attention to the consultant's intonation, pause, hint, do not explain or avoid answering the question
3. Ask for specific examples
4. Ensure the confidentiality of information obtained from consultation
Background checks should be done early after the interview.