Background check can better avoid the risk of recruitment and reduce the cost of enterprise recruitment. Therefore, now more and more regular enterprises and large enterprises with perfect system have begun to pay attention to the back of the staff before hiring, and many of them will be handed over to the third back to the company to do.
So, what do background checks ask? The summary is as follows:
The general rules are: ask the right questions of the right people, ask more about numbers than feelings, ask more about examples than evaluations, ask closed questions for proof when making judgments, and take notes using the person's own words rather than their own summary. (Take Little A as an example below)
1. Is there an employee named Xiao A in your company before?
2. When did little A enter the company and when did he leave?
3. May I ask what position xiao A holds in your company?
4. What is the reason for xiao A's resignation?
5. May I ask how is Xiao A's work performance during his employment?
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of Little A at work?
7. Has Xiao A ever been promoted in your company?
8, if small A wants to return to your company to work, you will accept him?
What should I pay attention to during the background check?
1. In terms of process, when doing background investigation, it is necessary to sign a "back-transfer authorization Letter" with the candidate in advance, which is very important. First, he respected the candidate. Second, when conducting background checks, it can be used as a powerful authorization to convince witnesses, especially some foreign-funded enterprises. Once the power of attorney is signed, the candidate can be asked to provide some contact information that can be used as a reference.
2. Limit the scope of the questions to be investigated, mainly concerning the investigation of the candidates' work situation, and resolutely avoid the questions irrelevant, especially those related to personal privacy.
3, the candidate's former boss and colleagues should be preferentially selected for investigation. Because these people have the most work contact with the candidate, they have a deeper understanding of the candidate's conduct, ability and work attitude.
4. Be especially cautious about candidates who are still in office, negotiate and wait until the appropriate time to investigate. Or you can check in with employees who have left to avoid damaging the candidate.
5. Background checks should be used in conjunction with personnel evaluations. Background checks are not a panacea, and errors and distortions are sometimes unavoidable. When background checks are combined with other screening methods, accuracy can be greatly improved.
6, in communicating and references, must be clear identity and purpose, aim told each other, let each other know the content of the dialogue between you is absolutely confidential and inform the other party candidates for the position, so the other practical evaluation, the other party in the narrative, is absolutely not the way interruption, because once interrupted, The other person may not want to continue the original topic.
7. If the interviewer seems to be avoiding questions, follow up with them and tell them honestly that you are trying to make sure the hiring decision is the best fit for both the company and the candidate.